Dear House of Prayer Friends,
We have been blessed to be worshiping together for some time now. In order to continue to worship in person safely, our council has been following the guidance of ND Smart Restart and the CDC. In these times of COVID-19 there will always be risk. By following these guidelines our hope is to mitigate these risks and provide a safe space to worship.
Our Covid Task Force has put together a brief document that highlights some of the basic guidelines that have been put in place for gathering. If you have further questions we have also provided a link to ND Smart Restart and the CDC, where you can find updated guidance on gathering as circumstances change.
We hope everyone will demonstrate a spirit of cooperation and patient understanding as we continue to worship together. It is understandable that some of you may still elect to not join us out of concerns for your well-being. To accommodate your needs, we will continue to provide a live-streaming of our 10 AM Sunday Worship Service on Facebook.
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact your Pastors or a member of Church Council.
Serving faithfully with you,
House of Prayer Church Council
Amended COVID-19 Guidelines:
- On May 13 the CDC added guidance for people that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, or local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Cloth face coverings, although not absolutely required, are still highly recommended while in the building for those people that are unvaccinated. This is in accordance with the CDC and ND Smart Restart Guidelines for all risk levels.
- Please continue to follow everyday prevention practices:
» Get vaccinated – this is the best way to protect yourself and those around you, and to prevent the emergence of new variations of the COVID-19 virus. Vaccination has been shown to be up to 94% effective at preventing hospitalization among those 65 years of age and older, and up to 90% effective in reducing asymptomatic and symptomatic COVID-19 cases in healthcare workers.
» Stay home when sick.
» Wash or sanitize hands often.
» Cover coughs and sneezes.
» Wear face coverings and maintain 6-ft of social distancing if unvaccinated.
- If you feel safe to gather, regardless of age, pre-existing health conditions or vaccination status, you are welcome to participate in person at worship. If you choose to continue to view online, we understand. Whether in person or online we are grateful for your involvement in House of Prayer. While the CDC recommends anyone over the age of 65 or with underlying health conditions refrain from gathering unless fully vaccinated, it is your choice.
- Please refer to ND Smart Restart and/or the CDC guidelines if you have further questions. These websites are consistently updated to address changing needs in the community. We have provided a link to them below.
House of Prayer Church Council